Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Interac Timeline

This is a timeline I am doing for my Interac hiring process. Interac is a Japanese company which serves to recruit and provide English teachers for public schools. As you may or may not know, I have a special interest in the Kansai area and have therefore put all my efforts to achieving placement there. This is an idea I got from jennyinjapan who provided me with all these details that I was so desperate to have when I was in the midst of the process.
so here it goes!

April 12th: registered with the Interac Network online.
May 27th: submitted Interac online application (note there are two short online essays - I think 500 words?)
June 2nd: received correspondence from Interac requesting a phone interview
June 3rd: Short 20 minute phone interview with Interac recruiting office.
June 8th: Notice that I passed the phone screening. Obtained information about next process ( sending in required documents, 6 minute lesson demonstration video and secondary interview session)
June 14th: Uploaded finished demo lesson video.
June 16th: Sent in application package to Interac head office.
June 17th: online interview with recruiter ( please note that because I was located in South Korea, my interview took place online; however when I talked to almost everyone else, either from America, the U.K. or Japan, they all had in person and often group session interviews)
June 22nd: Application package received by Interac.
July 1st: References submitted forms to Interac.
July 1st: Offer of Employment email. This certifies that I do work for Interac, but does not specify employment.
July 4th: emailed camera photos of signed copies of the Offer of Employment
July 6th: Application for Certificate of Eligibility sent off. Expected to receive it around August 9th
July 11th: address update for delivery of CoE
July 11th: submitted online resume which is used as a profile to introduce you to the schools. (after I finished this I copied it via that printing to another page option but the words were cut off but after emailing I learned that it was just my image but the actual document was intact)
July 12th: Placement Introduction email. An email stating important information concerning insurance and apartment and health checks.
July 12th: emailed scanned copies of my TB test required by Interac. I had an x-ray test. Also since I lived in Korea, I had to have them translated.
July 18th: Interac received original copy of State Criminal Background check.
July 18th: Received Placement: Ibaraki-shi, Osaka
July 19th: Best mate Ben Brannan and many others received deferrals for spring semester.
July 27th: Apartment offer for a Leopalace and free internet
July 28th: Apartment offer accepted
August 2nd: CoE sent by Interac
August 4th: Booked one way flight with Expedia to Japan KIX
August 8th: Received schools ( 2 elementary and one junior high) and year schedule.
August 19th: Flight to KIX and Arrival in Osaka.
August 21st: Entered Osaka City Plaza Hotel for training
August 22nd: First day of orientation
August 24th: Met Board of Education and last day of training
August 25th: Got apartment Key and moved in.
August 25th: Applied for Alien Registration Card
August 26th: Obtained temporary Alien Registration Card
August 26th: Applied for Post Office Bank Account

No comments:

Post a Comment